Thursday 9 May 2013

The Perfect Study Area!

Preparing for our Visitor


We are having an exchange student come to live with us later this summer.  We have to clean up the spare bedroom and make room for her.  Like most guest rooms, it is the place we store a lot of "stuff".

I bought this dresser as a fix up and sell project.  However, when I got it home I could see it's potential use as a dresser/desk for our exchange student.  It has three good sized drawers, and a built in desk!


Lots of storage space and perfect for a laptop

I just love the pulls!  My daughter thinks that they are soooo ugly but I think they are wonderful!  The pull on the desk is broke.

The bottom drawer was a huge mess.  The veneer was only attached in a few areas.  After gluing, sanding, work, work, work, I just tore it off.  The drawer front under the veneer was good wood.




Dan has drilled a hole in the back of the cubby section for wiring to be pulled through for a light or laptop. 

I will post pictures of the completed project tonight!  I am so far behind, have lots of projects completed, but no time to sit on the computer!

No comments:

Post a Comment