Thursday 28 January 2016

Knechtel Three Drawer Dresser


I was lucky enough to happen upon this Knechtel dresser.  When you see anything made by Knechtel you are pretty sure of the quality and workmanship.




The veneer was so damaged on the drawer fronts that it had to be removed.  I sanded the fronts to a smooth finish...I think that the wood under the veneer is cherry



At sometime in the life of this dresser, it had a cat as a room mate.




I always sand prior to painting and sand between coats.  I final coat all my furniture with satin varathane for a smooth finish and that added protection.


The dresser is 40 inches wide, 18 inches deep and 73 inches at the tallest point.


The mirror has etched detailing at the top.  It has a few "age spots" but they only add to the character of this vintage piece.





$200.



No comments:

Post a Comment